If you dispute your credit report and aren’t happy with the results, you can file a statement of dispute. This is a note – usually 100 words or less – that describes what you believe is inaccurate on your credit report and why. You can file a statement of dispute through the credit reporting agency showing what you believe is an error on your credit report.

Learn more about terms you should know when disputing your credit report here.